In July 2014, headgamesptsd nominated this blog for the Liebster Award, and I was extremely excited to accept it!
headgamesptsd writes beautiful poetry that starts out describing her sadness but ends up describing her joy and optimism. I find that her poetry gets me feeling hopeful and happier. Also, she and I are on the same page that a person with even a severe mental illness is still more than just their illness. People are complex and many-layered. We cannot be diminuated to just our mental health labels. That’s my soapbox.
Here is a link to one of her lovely poems:
As with other awards, once you have been nominated, you should post the badge on your blog, thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog. In this case you should answer the questions proposed and write 10 questions for those you nominate to answer in turn. A few years ago a blog needed to have less than 200 hundred followers to be nominated, but now the rules have changed to 1,000.
And their ten questions are:
1. If someone asked you to give them a random piece of advice, what would you say?
2. If you could learn one random skill, what would it be?
3. If you could champion one cause, what would it be?
4. What famous person, living or dead, would you like to have the opportunity to talk with?
5. The world is about to end but you are being transported to a safe, new land. You can bring one thing with you (not a person); what would it be?
6. What is your favorite type of escapism?
7. What are two things that you do really well?
8. Puzzles or Card games?
9. Aliens or Mermaids?
10. What can be done to stop child abuse?
narcfreeblog and blondeangel007, good luck with all your future writing. xoxo, Rivka