headgamesptsd has nominated this blog for the Liebster Award, and i am extremely excited to accept it!
headgamesptsd writes beautiful poetry that starts out describing her sadness but ends up describing her joy and optimism. I find that her poetry gets me feeling hopeful and happier. Also, she and I are on the same page that a person with even a severe mental illness is still more than just their illness. People are complex and many-layered. We cannot be diminuated to just our mental health labels. That’s my soapbox.
Here is a link to one of her lovely poems:
As with other awards, once you have been nominated, you should post the badge on your blog, thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog. In this case you should answer the questions proposed and write 10 questions for those you nominate to answer in turn. A few years ago a blog needed to have less than 200 hundred followers to be nominated, but now the rules have changed to 1,000.
1. If you could live anywhere, where would you choose?
I used to answer Paris or Amsterdam, some great city of the world; but things have changed for me. I have changed. At this moment, I am agonizing over this very question! My heart is torn in two over this very decision. On the one hand, I belong in Israel and I am so homesick. She is my true love and I miss her so much. On the other hand, there’s a tremendous Tzaddik in Canada that I long to be near, even if it means being near the narcissist who I had problems with. Very soon, I have to choose.
2. If you could champion one cause, what would it be?
I am so frustrated that child rapists in America hardly ever get punished. Furthermore, boy victims cannot come forward because they will mercilessly be teased as faggots until they commit suicide, and girl victims are considered tainted and somehow responsible for the abuse. Our society is very sick and the whole dirty situation seems overwhelming to solve.
3. You have just been invited to address the leaders of government; what will your topic be?
May I borrow from Bill and Ted and say, “Be excellent to each other”? LOL
4. Extrovert or Introvert?
I fantasize about being an extrovert who has dozens of interesting friends; but sadly, I am just a lonely freak. I am a Double Scorpio, obsessed with death, the mysteries of the world, and the hidden things. I always have been and always will come off as a little creepy. Hence, I am a loner, which forces me to be an introvert.
5. What famous person, living or dead, would you like to have the opportunity to talk with?
I would like very much to speak with the wife of Rebbe Nachman of Breslov. He was a great Tzaddik, the true Tzaddik-of-his-Generation. I would like to know if he attended to her needs and valued her as much as he attended to his students.
6. The world is about to end but you are being transported to a safe, new land. You can bring one thing with you; what would it be?
My Artscroll Interlinear Siddur. It has the Jewish prayers in beautiful Hebrew script, followed by the English translation, matched up word for word. I could study that one book for the rest of my natural lifetime and never grow tired of it.
7. Reality TV or a good book?
I absolutely loathe reality TV. All the contestants are suffering and it makes me so unhappy to watch their dramas. I hate it. Although, my mom has turned me on to some show about Gypsy weddings in America. The theme weddings and the dresses are Hollywood blockbuster. I am addicted!
8. What is your favorite season?
My birthday. In the American calendar, I am born one week before Halloween; so I had the best parties as a kid. I got to decorate with creepy skulls and red Fall leaves, and once I even took my school friends to a haunted house. (I was traumatized.) In the Jewish calendar, my birthday falls during the festival of Sukkot, a time when we are commanded by God Himself to “ Be happy, be happy, be happy.” Three times. We Jews party all week long with bar-b-que’s and live bands. It’s awesome.
9. What do you hope people will remember about you?
Right this moment (July 2014), I hope that people will remember that I wasn’t entirely crazy.
10. Why do you blog?
At first, I was blogging to release my pain (which I still do); but then I started getting followers, and I felt more responsibility to write something that was valuable to others. Now I try to share a give-and-take with my readers. They are all fellow bloggers and we learn from each other. Sometimes I like to pretend that I am blogging in a vacuum and sometimes I like to be comforted by our community. It’s all good (:
I would like to nominate:
– http://kevintrainorblog.wordpress.com/ PTSD A Veteran’s View, 45 followers
– http://frumgaykidsmom.wordpress.com/2014/07/07/how-do-we-give-them-the-tools/ Orthodox Mom of a Gay Kid, 7 followers
-http://unconfirmedbachelorette.com/2014/06/29/beach-houses-and-dog-bowls/ , 408 followers
And their ten questions are:
1. If someone asked you to give them a random piece of advice, what would you say?
2. If you could learn one random skill, what would it be?
3. If you could champion one cause, what would it be?
4. What famous person, living or dead, would you like to have the opportunity to talk with?
5. The world is about to end but you are being transported to a safe, new land. You can bring one thing with you (not a person); what would it be?
6. What is your favorite type of escapism?
7. What are two things that you do really well?
8. Puzzles or Card games?
9. Aliens or Mermaids?
10. What can be done to stop child abuse?
You must log in to post a comment.