I was standing in the front yard when a crazy squirrel leaped out of a tree and landed squarely on my head! His clawed feet scratched my cheek as he scrambled to get away from me. He made it back to the tree so quickly that I questioned if it even happened – except that I had scratches on my face and a sudden headache . What the f***?
I immediately got freaked out and frightened. My head hurt and my cheek was stinging. I know that when you get hit by a bird, it’s an omen of death; but what does it mean when you get ambushed by a squirrel? Is something else bad going to happen to me?
I googled ‘squirrel omen’ and was directed to a shaman website.Shaman
Original by Ina Woolcott.
-Squirrel’s Gifts Include ability to solve puzzles, resourcefulness, quick change of direction… Squirrel is an almighty power animal to have any time when you feel you have reached a dead end in a situation and are ready to give up. Perseverance and the readiness to try different methods are the keys to success. (This is identical to what I wrote about living in Israel, that I succeed because I was flexible and versatile.)
– Be as flexible as Squirrel when it comes to allowing and starting change. (I need to start change, move out of my lethargy.)
– Let go of unnecessary possessions, negative beliefs, emotions, and memories which limit my faith in love and abundance. Lighten my load, physically, mentally and emotionally.
– Ask yourself are you too active, not active enough, too afraid, or hung up on accumulating and collecting? Squirrel people can sometimes be a little erratic, trying to do many things at once. Take the time to stop, listen and to heed your inner self.
– Although squirrels are always prepared for what may come they have a tendency to forget where they store things. Slow down, pay attention and stop running several ways at once. Don’t have too much on your plate at any one time. (I said this, too!)
– Squirrels are sociable and communicative. Their non-stop chitter-chatter can disturb the silence, creating a sense of distraction and chaos. If the continual chatter of the squirrel disturbs you, this is telling you to speak clearly and effectively or to go within and be still, depending on the circumstances surrounding your situation.
– Squirrels are very trusting. Trust issues can be present in all aspects of a person’s life from personal intimacy to trusting the universe. Realise and remember that you will be taken care of. Building a strong sense of trust where it is missing would compliment the power of this medicine.
Maybe a crazy squirrel hit me on the noggin as a sign to get ready for a change or maybe he just wanted to be fed? I don’t know, but I got excited at the prospect of change. I hope it means finally getting a job so I can start sending money back to Israel. In any case, I went out and actually applied for a job that I could do well and that I would enjoy. It feels good to have something to look forward to.
You must log in to post a comment.